Sunday, March 2, 2008

Goose Stepping

Yesterday morning, Dan and I drove an hour north to see the Snow Geese in the Skagit valley. The geese winter here, and will return in early April to Wrangel Island in Siberia. We met up with some members of the Skagit Audubon Society at the Hayton-Fir Island Snow Goose Reserve, one of whom told us that this year's goose count, between the Skagit valley and lower British Columbia, is a whopping 103,000. We almost escaped without being hit by green goose poop as the flocks flew overhead - my trusty camera got the worst of it!



2 comments:

Samantha said...

That last photo is amazing--that's a lot of birds! I hope your camera soon returns to its former glory.

Micro said...

I would like to see that in person. I never knew that spectacle was within a 1 hour drive of Seattle. Great photos.